I am more confident about the future after listing to Paxton Smith on the Pivot podcast. Paxton is the bright, intelligent, and bold valedictorian who hijacked her own speech to say what was really on her mind in the wake of the anti-choice legislation signed by Texas Governor Greb Abbott.
Although she took some good-natured ribbing at the end for her current decision to study entertainment and pop music performance at the University of Texas, I suspect she knows exactly what she is doing. It suggests to me that she is a pragmatic person that does not want to get stuck spinning her wheels with by-the-book activism and speeches.
She understands that pop culture moves people and sways opinion. And that is how you move the needle in the direction you want.
Apple Wants to Diagnose Your Depression, Google Bets on New York City, and a Friend of Pivot on Facebook Marketplace – Pivot
- Apple Wants to Diagnose Your Depression, Google Bets on New York City, and a Friend of Pivot on Facebook Marketplace
- Russia vs. Big Tech, Facebook Responds (Dismissively), and Friend of Pivot Max Chafkin on Peter Thiel
- Instagram Knows it’s Toxic, Amazon’s Starting Wage Hike, and Another Big Week for Apple
- Epic v. Apple, Facebook’s VIP List and a Friend of Pivot Brian Derrick on the California Recall
- The red-hot IPO Market , El Salvador’s Bitcoin Experiment and SCOTT IS BACK!
- The Texas Abortion Ban, Joe Rogan's Covid, and the Politico Acquisition Soap Opera
- Lessons from Afghanistan, the California Recall, and this week’s Friend of Pivot is Nathan Allebach aka The Steak-umm Twitter Guy
- What the OnlyFans news says about power and control, Cathie Wood's transparent investment strategy, and a prediction on the federal reserve pulling away from the punch bowl
- Big Covid Questions, the Nursing Shortage Crisis and a Friend of Pivot on the upcoming Elizabeth Holmes Trial
- What the Taliban’s Rise Means for Big Tech, Facebook’s Plans for a Virtual (Reality) Work Space, and Fox News' Vaccine Database